Golden Jubilee and Chapel Block
On 24th October 1925, the chapel block,
which housed the Old Hall, Chapel and Music Room, was also established. The
Governor officiated at the opening. The hall, now known as the Old Hall, was
styled the Li Shek Pang Hall in memory of the late Mr. Li, an early alumnus
and head of the prominent Li family in Hong Kong. The North Block and the Chapel
Block was declared as heritage buildings in August 2000.
Old Hall - Li Shek Pang Hall
The Chapel Block
Celebrations of the Golden Jubilee of our
College took place in May 1926. The festivities included a Sport Day, a concert,
a special reception and an Open Day. In April 1928, the Old Boys' Association
was reorganized and named the Christian Brothers' Alumni Association.
5th November 1930 saw the laying of the Foundation Stone of our brother school,
La Salle College, by H.E. the Governor Sir William Peel and the school was officially
opened on 7th January 1932.